sharing my adventures with you

New Cleo Dress

Its been so grey and cloudy lately I thought I should do some sewing to try and beat the winter blues.
This is The Cleo dress I made,  I decided to make it out of a black needle cord fabric that I bought from my local fabric shop Masons.  I also bought the silver buckles from Masons.

I opted for the PDF pattern so that I didn't have to wait as I was very excited to start this new project.
I printed the pattern and stuck it together with duck tape, I find these easier than cello tape as it tends to end up stuck together.
Then I traced the pattern using Swedish tracing paper, I get mine from (http://www.creative-industry.co.uk/).
Then I cut the pieces out and sewed it up.  

I didn't make any alterations to the pattern.  It was quite an easy make.  The hardest thing with this dress was attaching the buckle and buttons I have never done that before, it was fun though.  Tilly's instructions were very easy to follow and the photos in the instructions help to explain if your unsure.

This is a really cute dress and I really enjoyed making it, definitely want to make another, would like to make one in a denim fabric. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig